Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scary live blade demo

Here's a video of Madala Nonoy Garrucho (in the white shirt) and Mandala Rommel Tortal (camo shirt) doing a live blade demonstration at the end of the seminar conducted by Mandala Garrucho at Pekiti Tirsia Kali Manila in July of 2010. Both of them were using razor-sharp ginunting swords brought over by Mandala Garrucho from Bacolod. 


Every since I started training in Pekiti Tirsia Kali I've always wanted to see a demonstration of the system by these two legends in PTK. I know that they haven't done a demo together in years and this would be a historical event for Pekiti Tirsia Kali Manila. I promised myself that someday I'd do my best to arrange a demonstration by the both of them.


What I witnessed surpassed any of my expectations. Everyone who was there, myself included, held our breath throughout the demonstration. It was that fast and scary. The video doesn't do justice to the spectacular skills displayed by two of the most talented Pekiti Tirsia Kali instructors in the world.








2 comments:

Southeast said...

Nice to see you post here again!
That was a scary demo. :)

Question, will the Typhoon webshop be reopened again?

island_man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.